Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Happy Birthday

   Today is Allison's 25th birthday.  Twenty-five years ago today, about 5:00 pm, amidst tears and cries of pain, a beautiful baby girl was helped out of my body.  She always had a mind of her own, a trait I should have recognized in the way she chose to be born.  As he placed her in my arms, the doctor explained why the delievery was so painful and long. . . Allison wanted to suck her thumb through the birth process.  I wasn't just pushing a little head out. . . I was pushing out a head, arm, and elbow!

   My friend, Leigh, (www.livingonsaturday.blogspot.com) recently posted a blog about her great desire to recognize her son and see his sweet smile again.  Me too, Leigh.  I want to see my little girl again, hear her laugh and listen to her squeaky little voice.

   One day.  But, until then, happy birthday, Allison.  I love you and miss you.

2 comments:

  1. These are the tough kind of days. Our Father is good, and I choose to trust Him. Love you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of you and the whole family today, Joni...... thinking of your precious daughter who came into your lives 25 years ago.....i can't wait to meet her "one day".....praying for you today, Joni...... I love you....

    ReplyDelete